• Military to Career
SPC > Academic Communities > Military Transfer Credit

Military Transfer Credit

  •  Talk to an AdvisorTalk to a SpecialistIf you were trained by and served in any branch of the United States armed forces, you could earn academic credit for your service. The amount and type of credits that SPC awards follows the recommendations of the American Council on Education and the U.S. Department of Defense. These credit recommendations appear in the Military Guide Online and on military transcripts.

    Get started

    To receive credit, you'll need to:

    1. Request your military transcript from your service branch.
    2. Send your military transcript to SPC’s Admissions Office, where it will be evaluated.

    Most of the time, awarding academic credit benefits the student. However, in some cases, excessive hours may be posted as elective credit which can impact your ability to receive financial aid.

    For more information, contact an advisor or a Veterans Services Specialist. 

    Training records that can be used to award credit for military training include:

    • Army (AARTS)
    • Air Force (CCAF)
    • Navy/Marine (SMART)
    • Coast Guard