• Complaint Form



  • Contact SPC

SPC > Complaints


  •  Have a complaint or concern - let us know. 

    St. Petersburg College is committed to providing prompt and fair resolution of all student concerns. This site will help guide you through St. Petersburg College’s procedures to submit your complaints for resolution.

    What is a complaint?

    A complaint can range from an experience with, or treatment by, a college employee to a matter relating to college facilities. There are two types of complaints:

    1. Academic: Classroom, Library or Learning Support issues
    2. Non-academic: Student Services (issues with Financial Aid, Advising or other departments), Auxiliary Services (bookstores, food services) or Issues with SPC services (buildings, parking lots, etc.)

    How is a complaint different from a grievance or appeal?

    The complaint site is not intended to address student grievance and appeal issues. Students interested in submitting a grievance or appeal should visit the college’s appeals page per the college’s procedure. This site is not intended for sexual harassment or discrimination claims. Use the College's procedures for Sexual Harassment and Discrimination claims.

    Steps to file a complaint

    1. Seek direct conflict resolution whenever possible by communicating directly with the college employee responsible for the service or area of complaint. In most cases, you will be asked to speak directly with the department or staff member associated with the concern.
    2. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the initial interaction or you are not comfortable approaching the SPC employee directly, submit your complaint to SPC using this online form.
    3. Students who are unable to submit an electronic form may have a college employee submit the form on their behalf.

    When submitting a complaint, please provide as much information as you can. More information on the student complaint procedure is available on the Board of Trustees website.

    What happens next?

    1. Once you submit the complaint using the online form, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that your complaint was received.
    2. Within three business days of the submission of your complaint, SPC will provide you with the findings of your complaint in writing.
    3. If more than three days is needed to research and respond to your complaint is required, the department supervisor or designee handling your complaint will notify you.
    4. Once the response to your complaint is received in writing, the complaint submitted will be considered addressed and closed.

    State Student Complaint Process

    Federal regulations and State laws require that public colleges in The Florida College System have processes for students, employees, and applicants to file complaints against any respective college. In almost every situation, the college’s process for resolving complaints must be followed first. Before contacting the State Division of Florida Colleges, please read SPC’s policies and procedures for filing complaints. File a complaint with the Florida Department of Education.

    Out-of-State Distance Education Students

    Distance education students who live outside of Florida and have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process may appeal non-instructional complaints to the FL-SARA PRDEC Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA Complaint Process page.