Please read carefully the following rights and responsibilities of your financial assistance awards.
- I understand that by applying for and receiving financial aid my tuition and fee due date has been extended beyond the end of add/drop and that if I do not withdraw from those courses before the end of add/drop I will be fee liable for them.
- I understand that I am obligated to pay in full to St. Petersburg College the amount due for tuition/fees by the deferred due date. This includes any remaining amounts not covered by financial assistance or balances that are a result of withdrawing or canceling my classes. I understand that any Federal, State, Institutional or external source of financial assistance, as well as any student fee refunds, will be applied to any outstanding balance on my account, including bookstore charges and other financial obligations.
- I understand that my financial assistance award may be projected at full time enrollment and will be adjusted at the end of add/drop based on my actual enrollment. Even if I change my class schedule after I have accepted the awards the amounts and types of financial assistance awards are subject to change. I understand that I must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours in order to receive a Federal Direct Student Loan at SPC.
- I understand that if I have a remaining balance after all charges are paid, I will receive the balance through the refund method I chose when I activated my SPC OneCard.
- I understand that if I stop attending classes or withdraw completely before completing a minimum of 60% of the term, I will be required to repay all or a percentage of the federal financial assistance received. Failure to repay these funds will result in the ineligibility of all future financial assistance, regardless of which school I attend.
- I understand that SPC can only apply federal financial assistance to the first 30 remedial credit hours attempted.
- I understand that I must report all offers of financial assistance not previously reported (scholarships, grants, loans, fee waivers, vocational rehabilitation, AFDC, Social Security Benefits, Veterans Assistance, etc.) or any changes to my financial situation to Financial Assistance Services.
- I understand that financial assistance is awarded contingent upon maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress according to the policy outlined on the college website.
- By my signature below, I hereby acknowledge that I have read, fully understand and agree to the above terms and conditions of this financial obligation. I further understand and agree to pay, the amount owed for tuition/fees, and all costs of collections including reasonable legal fees.