Institutional scholarships are awarded by the college or by individual departments at SPC based financial need and/or academic achievement. Criteria and amounts vary. Students will be notified if they are eligible to receive the following awards:
The following activities scholarships are awarded to students who perform certain requirements in the particular activity indicated.
Baccalaureate Programs Scholarships
Students in the various baccalaureate programs of study are eligible for academic merit scholarships designed to encourage students, who distinguished themselves in their freshman and sophomore years or while currently enrolled in baccalaureate programs, to continue their education and seek a baccalaureate degree at St. Petersburg College. Baccalaureate Programs Scholarships include:
- The Phi Theta Kappa Alumni Transfer Scholarship is offered to students who are alumnus of Phi Theta Kappa and have received the USA Today All American Award. Students may be former SPC graduates or graduates of other colleges.
- The Honors College Transfer Scholarship is designed to encourage students who graduated from an honors college to continue their junior and senior educational experience at St. Petersburg College’s baccalaureate program.
- The Presidential Baccalaureate Transfer Scholarship is designed to encourage students that graduated from an Associate degree to continue their junior and senior educational experience in a St. Petersburg College baccalaureate program.
- Associate to Bachelor Transfer Scholarships are designed for St. Petersburg College’s Associate degree graduates that desire to continue their junior and senior education experience in a St. Petersburg College baccalaureate program.
- Florida Educator’s Fund Scholarships is designed to encourage qualified 9th-12th grade students that participate in the Black History & Cultural Bowl competition to start and complete the Associate and Bachelor degrees at St. Petersburg College.
- The Study Abroad Scholarships encourage students in bachelor's degree programs to fulfill graduation requirements and enhance their educational experience by participating in our Study Abroad program. Get eligibility and application details for Bachelor's degree scholarships for study abroad students.
To review the eligibility requirements and apply for any of the above scholarships, complete the Baccalaureate Scholarship Application.
Board of Trustees Scholarships
Board of Trustees Scholarships can be awarded if you are taking prerequisites in preparation to transfer and those courses are not eligible for financial aid.
Financial aid eligible students may receive up to six (6) credit hours of tuition and Access Fees. Lab fees and books are not covered. See your Academic Advisor for more information.