At SPC, your success is our number one priority. After several
years of providing new students with a face-to-face orientation before they
begin classes, the data clearly shows that students who attend orientation are
more successful in their classes.
Smart Start is your pathway to gaining the most vital information a student should have prior to taking classes. These free sessions are required for first-time SPC students seeking an A.A. or A.S. degree. During Smart Start, you will:
- Explore career options and map out a plan to turn your dreams into reality
- Map out which classes you will take and when
- Learn the basics of our student portal and online class management system
- Tour our free tutoring centers and learn about our other academic support services
- Find out who you can call for questions and help
Smart Restart is required for students returning from suspension or dismissal. This free, non-credit class meets for an hour a week for four weeks and covers topics such as your personal learning style, time management, career goals and schedule planning, and is designed to change behaviors that proved to be unsuccessful in the past.
Contact an advisor to register today for Smart Start or Smart Restart!