The Honors Program’s research activities are presented and promoted outside and inside the classroom through:
- Annual honors internal spring research conferences
- Honors student contracts and projects in collaboration with faculty mentors
- Student-run science clubs
- Undergraduate Research Society (URS)
- A science and medicine-related, student-run organization that promotes clinical and biomedical research
The Honors Program has promoted undergraduate research among its members since the establishment of the department. In collaboration with Clearwater Library, the Honors Program provides research training and support to students who engage in research. Through workshops and personal conferences, students are equipped with the appropriate research skills to meet and understand the mentor’s expectations.