Translate this page


SPC cannot guarantee the accuracy of Google Translates.

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I apply to SPC as an international student?

Students who are not U.S. citizens, greencard holders or permanent citizens can use the links below to apply to take classes at SPC:

On Campus students will apply to live and study in the U.S. on an F-1 Student Visa and be required to take a full-time course load while in the U.S. in order to maintain active student visa.

Online students remain in their home country, taking all of their classes online.

Does SPC require proof of English proficiency to apply?

No, St. Petersburg College does not require proof of English proficiency to apply. You do not need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. International students will take an English language placement test (LOEP) after checking in at an SPC International Programs office or during orientation. The LOEP determines your English proficiency and class placement. If your English scores are not at college level, you will be referred to one of SPCs English as a Second Language programs: Intensive English Program (IEP) or English for Academic Purposes (EAP).

Students scoring below a combined score of 85 on the LOEP are recommended to begin their studies at the IEP program.You will work with an advisor to transfer at the appropriate time.

Do international students need health insurance?

Yes. Health Insurance is required for International Students. Coverage must begin prior to your enrollment and you are required to maintain the coverage during the time you are a student.

Does SPC offer an English language program?

Yes, the Intensive English Program (IEP) is an ESL program designed to give international students a supportive environment to intensely study academic English while also experiencing American culture. The IEP has five levels, Elementary – Advanced. Classes are Monday – Thursday from 8:30am to 2:00pm. Each level is offered in the fall, spring and summer terms.

In addition, SPC has the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program that offers five levels, Basic I and II, Intermediate and Advanced I and II. Each level is offered in the fall, spring and summer terms.

How do I learn to use MyCourses to access online course information?

Beginning with the spring 2015 term, St. Petersburg College students will access all their classes - face-to-face and online - through MyCourses, the college's new online learning management system. This means that as of Dec. 18, 2014, students will no longer use ANGEL.

If you are taking courses in Spring 2015 please go to: to access SPC’s new learning management system.

Learn more about MyCourses here: /mycourses.


How do I request an enrollment letter?

Please complete the Admissions and Records Form to request enrollment verification.

How do I request my official SPC transcript?

You can request your free SPC transcript online through MySPC, by mail or by fax. View our transcripts page for details.