Withdrawals and Non-Punitive Grades for Veterans


You must report in writing any additions, drops, withdrawals or other interruptions to the SPC Veterans Services Centers.

The law prohibits payment of VA educational benefits for a course from which the student withdraws or completes and receives a grade that is not used in computing the grade point average (a non-punitive grade, i.e. "W"). Withdrawals must be reported to a Veterans Service Specialist. Payment may be allowed if you submit evidence of mitigating circumstances that are acceptable to the VA.