Changes in Status for Veterans


All students receiving Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefits are required by law to keep their Veterans Services Specialist notified of the following:

  • Change in program
  • Withdrawal from a course
  • Enrollment in courses not counted toward degree requirements
  • Change of address
  • Course substitutions
  • Concurrent enrollment at SPC and another institution
  • Change in status of dependents (Vietnam-era veterans only)

NOTE: A separate change of address must be filed with Veterans Affairs (VA) and the college. Notify the VA by using the WAVE or by updating information thru ebenefits:, or by calling 1-888-442-4551. In addition, notify the Financial Assistance Services office if you are receiving financial assistance and the Business Office of any address change.