Teacher Certification for Veterans


Veteran benefits can be paid toward earning a teaching certificate if you:

  • have never had a certificate OR
  • have a certificate in one subject or discipline and now need a certificate in a different subject or discipline.

VA benefits cannot be paid for a certificate renewal.

To apply for a certificate write to:

Florida Department of Education
Teacher Certification Section
2325 W. Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399

You will receive a letter specifying what course work is needed for the particular teaching certificate. You must submit the teaching certificate letter to the SPC Veterans Services Centers to be certified for the courses listed in the letter.