St. Petersburg College Seminole Campus and Community Library Canvassing Policy
- Security Dispatch (727) 791-2560
- During business hours on campus, you can call the Provost's Office at (727) 394-6000.
- Campus Security Home
The College recognizes that there is a free speech right of students, faculty, staff and the public while on campus. Anyone desiring to exercise this right (whether an individual or group) by presenting speeches or distributing petitions or other written information of a public, noncommercial or religious nature may do so on the following conditions:
- The conduct of such person(s) must be orderly, non-threatening and not disruptive of the orderly operation of the College, classes, or other activities.
- Any speeches or canvassing or other activity in which such person(s) will be present, must be done during normal college operating hours. All such activity must be conducted between the University Partnership Building and the Technology Learning Building at the West side of the Main entrance to the Technology Learning Building (under the patio) or outside of the Dennis L. Jones Seminole Community Library at St. Petersburg College, out of walk-paths in the area designated by the Student Activities Coordinator for such use (marked 'X') below:
- Any posters or literature left for distribution must either be posted on an approved bulletin board or left in the Student Activities Office for distribution.
- Anyone exercising their rights under this policy must clearly display a sign or poster measuring not less than, 8-1/2" x 11" reading:
- “Views, political positions, survey topics or petition questions here represented or expressed are not necessarily endorsed by St. Petersburg College, Seminole Campus, or the City of Seminole.”
- The conduct of such person(s) must not contravene any law of the United States, the State of Florida, St. Petersburg College, its subdivisions, or any ordinance of the City of Seminole. Please review, St. Petersburg College's Freedom of Speech, Expression and Assembly Statement of Policy for more details.
- Individual or groups wishing to undertake such activities must complete the following, Canvassing Petition Form and submit it to the campus Associate Provost at least three days prior to said event, so that proper arrangements can be made for the appropriate time, place and manner.
- Advertising, soliciting or other commercial activities, except those subject to contract with St. Petersburg College, are strictly prohibited on campus.