America Reads and America Counts
is a program that provides Federal Work Study assignments for eligible college students to tutor elementary and middle school children. An Orientation will be presented by Pinellas County Schools via webinar on Monday, April 2, 2018, from 3-4pm. This webinar will be recorded for students who are unable to log on at this time. Interested students should contact Alice Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-341-7956.
Student employment is an important source of financial aid. Opportunities are available at all campus sites year round, but most positions are filled prior to the start of the fall term.
NOTE: Worked hours are submitted in Webtime, which is most compatible using Mozilla Firefox web browser.
Students are paid bi-weekly.
SPC student employment consists of two programs:
To be eligible for student employment at SPC, you must meet these requirements each term:
- Complete the Student Employment Application
- Allow a minimum of 3 to 5 days for the background check and eligibility review
- When the review is complete, you will receive an email at the email address you provided on your Student Employment Application
- If you are approved, login to your application to view the current Job Postings
- Authorization for student employment must be renewed every 180 days. When your authorization has expired, a notice will appear on your application dashboard, with a link to resubmit your application for review. NOTE: Be sure to select the Activate My Account button to complete this process.
When jobs are available
Funding for student employment is limited so positions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most positions are filled prior to the start of the fall term.
How much you can work
Approved students can work up to 20 hours per week.