•  Narrow the Gulf Rail 

    Become a presenter at the 19th Annual Narrowing the Gulf Conference.

    Download the application packet

    Apply Now
SPC > Students > Accessibility Services

Accessibility Services

  • Disability Resources
    Disability Resources  Document a Disability
    Talk to a Specialist
    Get Started  

    Disability Resources Changes Name to Accessibility Services

    We are excited to announce that Disability Resources has changed its name to Accessibility Services. This is a result of a collaborative effort by the Accessibility Services staff, the Associate Provosts, and Retention Services to revitalize services for students with disabilities. The goal of the revitalization is to promote the overall commitment of St. Petersburg College to equal educational access for all students and to help eliminate barriers, while enhancing student success, retention, completion, and job placement.

    At your service

    If you have hearing or vision loss, a chronic illness, an emotional, learning or physical disability, the college has programs to help meet your needs.

    Who is eligible?

    A student with a documented disability may be eligible to receive services. If you think you have a disability but have not had it documented, your campus Learning Specialist will explain how to get proper testing or assessment. To be documented, you must have a recent report from a licensed physician or psychologist or an IEP or SOP from your high school.

    What services are available?

    Appropriate, reasonable accommodations are offered based on documented needs. Accommodations might include:

    • Adaptive technology
    • Enlargers
    • Early registration
    • Tutors
    • Notetakers 
    • Sign language interpreters
    • Real-time captioning
    • Testing arrangements
    • Classroom modifications

    What are the benefits?

    Students who use these services tend to have:

    • higher GPAs 
    • fewer withdrawals from courses
    • better graduation rates

    Request Services

    See a campus learning specialist and bring your documentation. Schedule your appointment as early as possible so that accommodations can be made in a timely manner. All information will be kept confidential.

    If you need a Sign Language Interpreter, complete this form.