you are a degree-seeking student at SPC and are planning to enroll at
another institution to take classes and wish to receive your financial
assistance from SPC, you must follow the following steps:
- Your financial aid file must be complete for your consortium to be approved.
- You cannot receive financial aid at both institutions, only your home school (SPC) for which you are degree-seeking.
- State of Florida funds such as Bright Futures and Florida Student Assistance Grant will not be applied to out-of-state tuition.
- Tuition, fees, and books/supplies will be paid to the host school by the student by the host school's deadline.
- Transient coursework must transfer back to SPC and apply toward the degree-program you are enrolled in.
- In order to take courses at another institution, you must receive approval from the SPC Registrar's Office.
- If your host school is a Florida public institution, complete an online Transient Student Admission Application at FloridaShines.
Your host institution will certify your Transient Student Admission
Application and electronically send it to SPC. This is an automated
process that occurs at the end of your host school's add/drop period.
If your host school is a Florida private institution or out-of-state institution,
visit Financial Assistance Services on campus to obtain a Consortium
Agreement for Transient Study, submit the request online at A$KFA$, or you may call 727-791-2485. You will
need to submit the Consortium Agreement for Transient Study from to the
Financial Aid Office at your host school. Your host school will certify
the form at the end of their add/drop period and send it to Financial
Assistance Services at SPC. It is your responsibility to follow up with
your host school to ensure they send the form back to SPC once it has
- The application will be denied if you register for courses that were not approved by the SPC Registrar's Office or fail to properly complete the Transient Student Admission Application or Consortium Agreement for Transient Study before the term has ended.
- Once you have completed the term, you must submit an official
academic transcript from your host school to the SPC Registrar's Office.
- If you have any questions, please ask at A$KFA$.