In addition to catching these performances, piano students have their own opportunities to perform, both on campus and in the community. Students can participate in workshops, seminars and master classes presented by distinguished musicians, including Leonid Feliksovich Tamulevich (Associate Professor of Piano at St. Petersburg Conservatory, Russia), Paul Posnak (University of Miami), Pascal Roge (International Artist), Rebecca Penneys (Eastman
School of Music, St. Petersburg College, visiting artist).
The Fine Arts department offers piano instruction at all levels.
- Piano Majors/Principals (audition required): Students accepted as piano majors/principals will perform in one student recital each semester and pass the jury exam at the end of each semester.
- Piano Secondary: Students whose principal performing area is not piano are required to take piano as a secondary instrument. No auditions are required.
- Enrichment: Students who are not pursuing a music degree or who already have a college degree can register for piano lessons for their personal enrichment. They are are not required to play on a recital or jury exam.
- Piano Teachers: Local piano teachers who are interested in developing or maintaining their skills as performers and teachers are always welcome in our department. No auditions, performances or juries are required.
- Class Piano: A group piano class is offered to beginning piano students, who meet in groups of six or more. Emphasis is placed on music reading and basic keyboard skills.