Admissions and Graduation Requirements
You must be accepted as an SPC student before you apply to the Honors Program. Before you begin, please review the following admission requirements. If you are close to meeting the requirements or have justification for not meeting them, we encourage you to apply. Make sure you have your SPC student number, GPA, number of SPC credits earned and test scores before beginning the application.
SPC Honors Program Application
Current, Dual Enrolled, Returning and Transfer Students
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- One Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Having completed at least twelve (12) credit hours
- A writing sample of at least 500 words*
First Time in College
Please provide a 500 word writing sample, an academic letter of recommendation, and proof of one of the following:**
- Graduation in the top 10% of your high school graduating class
- Minimum 3.5 unweighted high school GPA
- Score of 1200 (Critical Reading and Mathematics) or higher on the SAT
- Score of 26 or higher on the ACT; or
- Score of 120 or higher on the Reading and Writing sections of the College Placement Test (PERT)
Requirements to Take a Course (non-Honors Students)
Score of 120 or higher on the Reading and Writing sections of the College Placement Test (PERT)
- GPA of 3.3 or higher in honors courses and enrollment average of 3 credit hours of honors courses per semester
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher by the end of the academic year
- Involvement in service learning projects and/or extracurricular activities each semester
* The writing sample can be an original, creative essay or an original research sample with citations.
**These students will need to maintain a 3.25 GPA or higher once they are accepted to the program.