The Summer of Success (SOS) Program is a 6-week "introduction to college" program for graduating seniors from Pinellas County high schools. High school seniors interested must apply and be accepted into the SOS Program.
A slice of college life
Through this six-week program, students have the opportunity to:
- Attend SPC on a Summer scholarship
- Earn college credits
- Improve English, reading and math readiness skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Become familiar with their SPC campus and resources
- Tour businesses and industries
- Meet new friends
- Enroll in Fall classes
Scholarships for Summer of Success cover the college application fee, tuition for three credit hours, lab fees and textbooks.
Students applying for the program must be high school seniors
eligible for a high school standard diploma, a Florida resident, a U.S.
citizen (or permanent resident), and meet one of the following criteria:
- First in family to attend college
- Preference given to students who have passed both parts of FCAT
- Disabled and/or low income (SPC disability verification required)
- Plan to enroll at SPC for fall term